Account Manager-Chicago Specification and Demand Creation
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Specification Sales Manager. In this position, you will help lead Lutron's specification sales and demand creation efforts in the Chicago metro area. You and your team will work closely with architects, designers, and engineers to ensure that Lutron is the lighting control system of choice. You will create sales and coverage plans to develop specification accounts, project opportunities, and generate sales for Lutron solutions(Lighting and shade controls) in commercial and residential projects.
Achieve annual sales target through specification and closing projects for new and existing buildings.
- Develop and drive the sales team to achieve their individual and team targets/
- Develop key relationships with assigned architectural accounts.
- Maintain active participation in industry associations such as AIA, USGBC and IIDA.
- Identify and track project opportunity pipeline and update status of each in SFDC.
- Work with local rep agent, contractors and channel partners to surround and successfully close opportunities.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of industry related selling experience
- Experience with or Knowledge of building materials, construction industry, and/or architecture firms is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes
- Salesforce.com or other sales tracking software, a plus
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.